The Modern Infrastructure Impact Awards recognize the top products, technologies and services in the essential areas of technology that Modern Infrastructure covers. The award-winning tools will be those helping to run enterprise businesses with efficiency and insight -- whether they’re used inside the data center or out. Judges have whittled down the list of submissions to the finalists below. Voting is open from Oct. 16 through Oct. 31, 2014. Winners will be announced in early January in a special issue of Modern Infrastructure.
Entrants in the Best AWS Consultant or Integration Partner category are consultants and integration partners helping enterprise customers with strategic planning, including cost realization, step-by-step application identification and migration, and other services related to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The companies listed on the left are the finalists for the 2014 Modern Infrastructure Impact Awards, Best AWS Consultant or Integration Partner category. Vote for your favorite below.
2nd Watch says: We are the AWS experts. As an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, we are one of the top 22 AWS Partners globally, as ranked by AWS itself. Our offerings consist of cloud economic evaluation, consulting services, software tools and management services, covering the full lifecycle of cloud migration and management. We help enterprise customers with assessment, design, deployment, management and optimization of their AWS environments. Our process makes AWS migrations easy and efficient for companies and on average, helps them save up to 70% on infrastructure costs. Those savings come in part from our reserved instance, or RI, optimization for customers and from AWS costs and usage tracking by our cloud expense management platform, 2W Insight. Our architects have also developed a new service delivery model for simplifying and speeding AWS deployments, our Cloud Migration and Methodology (CM3). CM3 uses a catalog approach of predefined services, creating a highly transparent offering to ease budgeting and speed approvals, making it massively simpler for customers to evaluate, bundle and purchase cloud deployment services. Revenue is up this year 300% from 2013, and we have completed more than 300 platform and data center migrations since 2012.
Cloud Technology Partners
According to Cloud Technology Partners’ website: Founded by the same technology innovators as the trusted systems integrator Cambridge Technology Partners, our team of cloud computing experts provides cloud computing services and software for midmarket and enterprise customers. Professional services expertise includes migrating applications and data to cloud environments; developing cloud-native applications; and architecting, building and managing cloud infrastructures. Cloud Technology Partners software solutions streamline cloud migration and development while improving the cloud readiness of mission-critical applications.
Flux7 Labs says:
- Certified consultants: Flux7 maintains a high percentage of certified AWS Consultants and is an AWS Advanced Tier partner.
- Expert knowledge: The company’s architecture experts advise enterprises and startups on advanced best practices to secure and optimize AWS infrastructure using DevOps strategies and new tools and technologies, such as Docker. Flux7 executives are sought-after speakers and advisors on AWS topics as well as their technical knowledge across the stack.
- Premier customers and projects: Flux7 partners with enterprises such as 3M, Salesforce and SunPower to create infrastructure and development environments in AWS. In addition to migrating critical infrastructure and applications to AWS, projects include large AWS Workspaces implementations, [Internet of Things], big data and developer workflows.
- Proven cost strategies: Flux7 cost reduction strategies create significant cost savings for businesses. Vyscale, a product to leverage spot instances to reduce costs by as much as 64%, received honorable mention at re:Invent 2013.
- Web-scale, high-performance computing: Flux7 works with organizations with [high-performance computing] needs, helping them to scale to millions of compute hours. The company provides benchmarking and proprietary performance tweaks to achieve a high level of stability for critical infrastructure.