This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
7. - Terms you need to know to keep up at AWS re:Invent: Read more in this section
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - Follow #reInvent on Twitter
- 2. - Where are enterprises in cloud computing adoption?
- 3. - The importance of locking down your cloud
According to Amazon's website, Redshift delivers fast query and I/O performance for virtually any size dataset by using columnar storage technology and parallelizing and distributing queries across multiple nodes. Most common administrative tasks associated with provisioning, configuring, monitoring, backing up, and securing a data warehouse are automated.
See a video introduction to Amazon Redshift: